A land of festivals and traditions, India is a place where families and friends celebrate them all together as one. It is only natural for one to delve himself/herself into a buffet of sweets, snacks, and a whole range of temptations. This makes it difficult to maintain a healthy lifestyle and weight during the festive season.
The global restrictions due to COVID-19 have more or less brought life to a standstill across various parts of the globe. As we are in the 10th month of this year, we are still awaiting clearance guidance and permissions to bring back our lives to normal.
However, for Indians, even the pandemic is no excuse to shy away from the mega celebrations of festivals as it is a permanent part of their lives! With the restrictions laid down by the government, most mass event places are still closed and there is still a general fear of the virus in the air. This leaves us with the task of figuring out a balance between celebrations and health!
It won’t be an unusual scene if we see people rolling their eyes when they hear the word ‘healthy’, as festivals are a time when people get to eat foods they love. However, this is a time when we need to be very careful of what we are eating.
With most people having received their vaccines, the event organizers have announced that they will be opening up for the events that we so dearly missed in 2020.
On this note, we’d like to say what you eat is how you feel. You need that extra amount of energy to run around with your kids and for that, you need to eat healthy, don’t you? If feeling good and having the energy to give time to your kids, family, and everyone close to you is what you want this festive season, then what you eat surely matters.
The question that arises is, how can you still eat well, all the while enjoying India’s festive season?
The answer to this is simple. All you have to do is eat healthy!
Did you know? When you eat healthy, you think healthy, you keep healthy and you make others healthy!
A few mantras can be followed this COVID season, to stay healthy during the festive season!
First and foremost, stay hydrated!
Make sure to make this your mantra during festival season. There is no life without water. Drink loads of coconut water, buttermilk, lemon juice, vegetable and fruit juices. This will help you maintain your bodily fluids and the salt content in your body.
Secondly, plan your meals right!
An abrupt change in your body can cause your body to be negatively impacted. For you to avoid this, plan out your meals. Consume fruits and try to avoid oily foods. Also, make sure that the sweets that you are consuming are kept properly and keep tabs on them.
Don’t eat too unhealthy if you want a healthy body!
Thirdly, try and eat frequent meals.
You must have heard your parents saying, eat small, but eat frequently. This helps you keep healthy. Right? We sure have heard our parents say that!
If you go for a prolonged fast process, then it can cause weakness, anemia, fatigue, headaches, and can suck up all your energy! When you eat frequently, it helps you maintain blood sugar levels and even makes sure that you have the required amount of energy to last an entire day.
A healthier midday munch won’t do you harm. It will only be to your benefit!
Fourth, exercise early on!
Begin your day with a walk in the park or by doing a few asanas. This includes Surya Namaskar too! Twice in the morning, and you start your day fresh.
Its benefits are known to us all. Once you begin, don’t let go of it. Stick to your routine. Motivate yourself to get up early, do that set of exercises, bust stress and keep yourself feeling good! A moderate set of exercising is just a small step towards a healthier lifestyle during festivals!
Fifth, stay away from sugary foods. (Please don’t kill us for this)
When you consume a high content of sugar, your body gets used to it and needs more of the sugar content. This becomes a vicious cycle, and it needs to stop immediately if you want to have a healthy festive season. Try avoiding spoiled sweets this festive season, as it can hamper your health too!
Want to know a healthy alternative to your daily festive sweets?
Well, it is Camel Milk! Yes, yes, yes!!
Camel Milk can be your perfect alternative for your dairy that you use to make sweets during festivals. Want to know why?
- It is rich in essential vitamins and minerals like Vitamins A, B, C, D & E, along with minerals like Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc, Iron, etc. which may be helpful in the overall growth and development of the body.
- Camel Milk is beneficial for Lactose Intolerants as it contains a lower amount of lactose and does not contain beta-lactoglobulin, which is a major source of dairy allergies.
- Camel Milk contains insulin-like proteins, which may help in reducing blood sugar levels, which makes it a perfect alternative for diabetic patients.
To all the diabetics out there! Enjoy your favourite sweets this festive season with Aadvik’s Camel Milk Powder!
- Camel Milk is said to contain Immunoglobulins, which help in boosting immunity and keep the immune system stronger. It helps in fighting against various disease-causing organisms as it has anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Camel Milk is said to be beneficial for Autistic Individuals, as it is rich in antioxidants, which help in releasing oxidative stress, one of the major reasons that lead to Autism.
- It further helps in keeping the gut healthy as it is probiotic in nature, and the fat globules present in Camel Milk are easier to digest!
In India, when it comes to a celebration, we live like there is no tomorrow and everything is done in king size. Can you imagine if,
- In Mumbai, the roads are empty when the Lalbagucha Raja arrives, or
- In Bengal, there are no ‘Dhak’ (a huge membranophone instrument in India) during Durga Puja.
How would you feel? Empty, right?
So will be this festive season without Camel Milk! Let’s support the camels and their herders this festive season too! Wouldn’t you like to be a part of their celebrations too, when you know that you contributed towards their livelihood?
We surely would!
Get your pack of Aadvik Camel Milk Powder today and let’s celebrate all the festivals together!